Technology has completely changed the way we do everything. Instead of having to lug around a huge computer to perform calculations and get information, all of that technology is now small enough to fit on your wrists. The development of smartwatches, in particular, has been very beneficial for golfers.
Golf GPS watches can do much more than just tell the time. Thanks to the built-in GPS satellite technology, they’re fully capable of giving you some in-depth information about the course you’re playing on. Plus, they can act as your caddie to keep track of your scores and progress. On top of all of that, premium watches can even monitor your technique and improve your game.
Needless to say, the best golf GPS watch is a must-have for anyone who is serious about the game. The popularity of wearable devices has gone through the roof in recent years, so there’s no shortage of golf-focused options on the market. Sifting through those products can be a tough task, especially if you don’t know what to look for. Luckily, we’ve done all the hard work for you.
In this guide, we break down some of the most important features you need to get in your GPS golf watch. Plus, we’ve provided some recommendations on some of the best options that you can buy today.
Comparison Chart: Top GPS Golf Watches of 2020
|Golf GPS Watches 2020||Preloaded Courses||Battery life (GPS mode)||Price|
|Garmin Approach S40||41,000||15 hrs|
|Bushnell Neo Ion 2||36,000+||12 hrs|
|Shot Scope V2||Worldwide||4.5 hrs|
|SkyCaddie Linx GT||35,000||-|
|Garmin Approach S60||40,000||10 hrs|
5 Best Golf GPS Watches (Updated Reviews)
Here you can read reviews that cover each and every aspect of the product in great detail.
- Stylish, lightweight GPS golf watch with a sunlight-readable 1. 2” color touchscreen display with metal bezel and quick release bands for easy change of style or color
When most people think of GPS technology, they think of Garmin. The fine manufacturer of car GPS gadgets has produced this attractive golf watch.
This GPS golf watch has a ton of features that you can use on the course. First, there’s AutoShot detection. It automatically records golf driver shot distances without having to initiate the command.
From an informational standpoint, this product is top-notch. Not only does it provide accurate yardage readings, but you can also see a simulated view of the green. There’s also the option to make manual pin adjustments.
Design-wise, the golf GPS watch has a lot to offer. The touch screen is bright and very responsive. When it’s not being used to improve your game, the watch doubles as a fitness tracker. You can also connect it to your smartphone to take advantage of a slew of features on Garmin’s app.
- 2-inch touch screen display
- Has over 41,000 courses
- Up to 15 hours of battery life with GPS on
Don’t let the simple look of this Bushnell golf GPS watch throw you off. It’s fully capable of providing you with the information you need. The watch allows you to view distances with a glance.
As a standalone device, this watch doesn’t haven’t all the bells and whistles as some other options. There’s no touch screen. Instead, it uses a simple LCD screen. Thus, it’s not capable of reproducing maps.
However, the large and simple interface is more than enough to display distances. The GPS watch can show you all the pertinent yardage data. This includes measurements for up to four hazards.
The watch is designed to be used alongside a smartphone. Thanks to Bluetooth connectivity, the watch connects wirelessly with the Bushnell Golf App. There, you can view more detailed information about your game.
- Has over 36,000 courses
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Reversible band
This affordably priced GPS golf watch from Shot Scope is a great entry-level option. Even with its low price tag, it comes with a lot of great capabilities.
Like most golf watches, this model can show you distances to the front, back, and middle of the green. It’ll also show you hazard information, which is a nice touch.
The most noteworthy feature of this watch is the performance tracking feature. The watch comes with two sensors that you attach to your club. Every time you take a swing, those sensors will communicate with the watch and push the information to your smartphone for later review.
From a user experience standpoint, the Shot Scope watch is quite nice. The black and white screen is very easy to see, even on a bright sunny day. There is no touch screen functionality. However, you can easily move through the various menus and pages with intuitive buttons on the side.
- Performance tracking
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Large color display
- Comes with club sensors
- The SkyCaddie linxgt game tracking edition is Golf's first GPS rangefinder and shot tracking watch with mobile GPS app
Like the brand name would suggest, this SkyCaddie GPS watch system acts as your own personal caddie. The sheer amount of information you can get and collect is very impressive.
The coolest thing about this watch is the Smart Tag system. With every watch, you get 15 RFID tags that you can attach to your clubs. When you pick a club, the watch will automatically register which one you’re using and record distance data for it.
On the watch itself, you can see all kinds of great information. In addition to distances to the green, you’ll see layup distances, hazard information and more. The Intelligreen system is great, too. It automatically adjusts the map view based on which direction you’re facing.
Most of the convenience features of this watch are found within the smartphone app. The watch pushes the data it collects to the app where you can view charts and scatter plots. There’s also a virtual scoreboard to help you keep track of the game.
- Comes with 15 smart tags
- Preloaded with data from more than 35,000 courses
- Automatically records shot data
- Provides many distance measurements and layup data
- Sleek GPS golf watch that reflects your passion on and off the course.QuickFit watch band compatible:0.8 inch(22 mm)
If you’re looking to splurge a bit and get a premium GPS golf watch, check out the Garmin Approach S60. It’s a beautifully designed gadget that’s like having a full computer on your wrist.
The GPS technology powering the watch is very accurate. It’s capable of showing you a wide range of distance measurements. Best of all, you can see a color map of the entire course. The graphics are crisp and easy to read.
The watch has AutoShot tracking and PinPointer technology. The latter feature tells you the direction and distance to the pin, allowing you to take blind shots with confidence.
This is a full-featured smartwatch. In addition to all of the golf-specific capabilities, the device can receive push notifications and record activity for many other sports.
With the accompanying Garmin app, all of the data that’s collected is displayed in an easy-to-read format. Here, you can analyze your game. Pair the watch up with a good golf swing analyzer and you can improve your technique even further.
- 2-inch color touch screen display
- Preloaded with over 40,000 courses
- Up to 10 hours of battery with GPS on
- Receives push notifications from smartphone
A Complete Buying Guide for Golf GPS Watches
Any wearable device is going to cost you a pretty penny. However, golf GPS watches are in an entirely different league These gadgets have their own unique functionality that sets them apart from other consumer devices on the market. They perform very specific functions. If you want to invest in a high-quality watch that serves you well on the course, you need to consider several factors.
What are the Important Features to Consider When Buying GPS Golf Watches
No modern golf game is complete without a GPS watch. These tiny devices have completely changed the way golfers approach the green. Gone are the days of having to rely on confusing paper maps.
The best golf GPS watches provide all of the information you need to complete a game successfully. Best of all, these watches put all of that information on your wrist so that it’s always accessible.
- Simple, easy-to-use golf watch
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED; Measures distances to the front, back and middle of the green. Accurate to within plus or minus one yard. Distances to hazards are included. Measure the distance of your shots....
- Advanced Smart Golf GPS Watch with 2 Black Wristbands Included
- Large 1. 3” easy-to-read color touchscreen display (18% larger than Approach S60) with scratch-resistant ceramic bezel and interchangeable QuickFit bands
- Stylish lightweight GPS golf watch with a sunlight-readable 1 2” color touchscreen display with metal bezel and quick release bands for easy change of style or color
- Sleek GPS golf watch that reflects your passion on and off the course. Quick Fit 22 mm watch band compatible
- Display size: 0.9” x 0.9” (23 x 23 mm)
- Bluetooth Allows for Wireless Course Updates
- Included is a 3 Year Prepaid Worldwide Membership to over 35,000 ground verified course maps
- Bluetooth allows for wireless course updates
- Best Golf Launch Monitors – (Reviews & Guide 2020) - January 4, 2020
- Best Golf GPS Watches – (Reviews and Guide 2020) - October 28, 2019
- Best Golf Rangefinders 2020 – (Reviews and Ultimate Guide) - October 23, 2019